Temporary Vending & Activity Permits

Temporary Food Sales, Bake Sales & Mobile Food Units

Information regarding the temporary sale of food, such as for special events or bake sales or from a mobile food unit, is provided in Chapter 22 of Garland’s Code of Ordinances. Due to the complexity of the ordinance, vendors are encouraged to contact the Garland Health Department at 972-205-3460 for assistance. Visit Health Services: Temporary Food Vendor Requirements for more information.

Other Permits

A Special Event Permit is required for holding events such as:

  • Bike Races
  • Carnivals
  • Church Bazaars
  • Circuses
  • Festivals
  • Marathons
  • Parades
  • Public Auctions
  • Revivals
  • Walk-a-Thons, etc.

Temporary commercial activities, ranging anywhere from street vending to a sporting event to filming a movie, also requires a Special Event Permit.